UNBROKEN VOWS

30 BETTER DAYS
DAY 11: INNER VOWS & RENOUNCEMENT 

Are there parts of your life you have not yet surrendered to the Lord? 




INNER VOWS


Inner vows are personal declarations we make for ourselves as a result of feeling hurt or oppressed. They are rooted from a bitter cause are technically designed to protect our feelings from repeating pain.

For example, when we say, "I'm never going to allow that to happen to me," "I will never be that kind of person" "I will never allow anyone to hurt me ever again." "I wont be that kind of a parent"
"i will be better than that." you will be able to notice it because it is an aftermath of anger, resentment, rebellion, distress instead of inspiration and we often confuse it to be declarations of prosperity. Friends, there is a difference.


It's easy to distinguish an inner vow. You have to see where this vow is coming from: is it from a resentful circumstance or from a spiritual inspiration.

These vows limit what the Lord can do in your life. Sometimes, God brings us to difficult situations that will show His glory and goodness in our lives because He wants to stretch our faith and rid of ourselves. We will need to trust Him and surrender these situations that He may work in us fully.

These vows are the unhoisted sails or stuck rudders in our boats that cause us to be stagnant or just going against the current. They are tied up and will never push the boat forward to its destination.

RENOUNCEMENT


"Leviticus 5:4-5 NLT “Or suppose you make a foolish vow of any kind, whether its purpose is for good or for bad. When you realize its foolishness, you must admit your guilt. “When you become aware of your guilt in any of these ways, you must confess your sin."


What to do??
We need to RENOUNCE these promises and just allow the Lord to move. In other words, we need to proclaim a reverse. In simple terms we need to BREAK IT by declaring things with God's will. 


Why do we need to do it? Can we just stop thinking about it? 

If there are parts in our life that we haven't given fully to the Lord , we will miss out on the plans the Lord has for us that promises us abundance. It will affect us later on in life.


On my 30 Better Days program, I RENOUNCE MY INNER VOWS of:
-not allowing anyone else to take care of myself, except me.
-Defend myself from people who I think are trying to hurt me.
-go into courts to send all pedophiles and those who harass sexually to jail, whatever it takes.
-I will not marry a guy who will only hurt me and will just be a headache

The best way to renounce is to know God, release forgiveness to the people who have caused us to swear or vow that have grown from bitter roots in our heart. In my case, It has affected me by making me strike a wrong stance for my direction in life. So today, I surrender all the past hurts, feeling of oppression and pain to the Lord, the Healer of all.

Today, let us examine our hearts and pray for the Holy Spirit to take us deeper in spirit that we may die in flesh and steer forward to be able to worship in spirit and in truth. It maybe hard but know that you are never alone in this journey. Hoist the sails and move the rudders towards the desires God has planted in our hearts. God has more plans in your life, too! 



Ezekiel 36:26 ESV  I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

God promises us a renewal. Let us hold fast to His promise. 
These are indeed, seasons of trust and faith.

Changing from glory to glory in Christ,

SHA <3

#ANNstoppable

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

FALL HARDER, GET UP STRONGER

Lives are Numbered, Seasons have Days

FIND YOUR INTENTIONS