WIRED TO BE BEAUTIFULLY LOVED

My dad had been a lot different lately.

I guess this pandemic's lockdown has its way of squeezing out creative juices and hidden abilities in people.

I have been with my dad for 26 years but it took us that long to know him a little bit more. He loves planting and finds joy in taking care of them.

This week, he showed me a little Bonsai plant he was taking care of; I never knew he would take his planting hobby to that level!

I observed tie wires entangled with the plant's stems. I asked him why he had to wire them up.

He said, the wires were meant to form the plants according to his design, eventually they will be removed once the green stem turns brown and hardens up.

In that moment,  I saw God in my dad.

Many years ago, God made a covenant to David saying "I will be his Father, and he will be My son. And My loving devotion will never depart from him as I removed it from your predecessor."
(1 Chronicles 17:13)

God is no different than our earthly dads; He has brought us to life, plants us where we're supposed to be and makes us grow. He never changes throughout the season, it may rain, it may be sunny , warm but just as our earthly dads never cease to nurture us, he never gives up in making us grow.

Whenever we are surrounded by grasses that makes us unhealthy, he takes them away. Whenever parts of us area dried, up he waters us to the roots. He prunes us and wires us according to our beautiful designs.

Some people may never see the beauty in us, but God sees us with love in his eyes. We just have to wait for the right people with the right interests to come and make us bear fruits and be lush.

We've just celebrate Father's day a few days back but today, let us thank God for our dads for being the quiet people in our lives that strengthen and nurture us daily and support us in our needs. And for those of us who do not have fathers to look up to, we thank everyone who stands as our dad.

Indeed, God never fails in reaching out to us whatever our circumstances are. Praying for more strength and wisdom to everyone standing as dad to their growing children.









Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

FALL HARDER, GET UP STRONGER

Lives are Numbered, Seasons have Days

FIND YOUR INTENTIONS